18] Write to the angel of the church in Thyatira:
Description of Jesus:
The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass,
Says these things:
• 19] I know your works
• Your charity
• Your service
• Your faith
• Your patience
• Your works, and the last works will be more than the first works.
20] But I have a few things against you, because you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit immoralities and to eat things sacrificed to idols. (21) I gave her opportunity to repent of her immortality, and she did not repent.
22] I will cast Jezebel into a bed, and I will cast them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. (23) And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he who search the minds and hearts: and I will give to every one of you according to your works.
24] To you and to as many in Thyatira, who do not follow Jezebel’s teaching and have not known what they call “the depths of Satan,” I will not put on you any other burden (25) but that you hold fast to that which you already have until I come.
To him that overcomes and keeps my works until the end:
• 26] I will give power over the nations, just as I received power over the nations from my Father. (27) And he shall rule the nations with a rod of iron, and they shall be broken to slivers as the vessels of a potter.
• 28] And I will give him the morning star.
29] He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
25. For what is the church in Thyatira commended? (2:19)
26.The church in Thyatira tolerated _____________________________________. (2:20)
27. What did Jezebel do? (2:20-21)
28. What one thing is required of the faithful at Thyatira? (2:25)
25. Works and charity and service and faith and patience and works; and the last to be more than the first.
27. Calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce my servants to commit fornication and to eat things sacrificed to idols
28. Hold fast to that which you already have until I come