9] One of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me.
The angel: Come here and I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
10] And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, (11) having the glory of God: and her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12] The city had great and high wall. The city had twelve gates, and the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel were written on them. (13) On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14] And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb were in them.
15] The angel that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates of it, and the wall of it.
16] And the city lies foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth. And he measured the city with the reed, fifteen hundred miles. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17] And he measured the wall of it, 144 cubits (216 feet), according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18] And the building of the wall of the city was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
19] And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones.
The first foundation was jasper;
The second, sapphire;
The third, a chalcedony;
The fourth, an emerald;
20] The fifth, sardonyx;
The sixth, sardius;
The seventh, chrysolite;
The eighth, beryl;
The ninth, a topaz;
The tenth, a chrysoprasus;
The eleventh, a jacinth;
The twelfth, an amethyst.
21] And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22] And I saw no temple in the city: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light of it.
24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it.
25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26] And they shall bring the glory and honor of the nations into it.
27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defiles, neither whatever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they (who enter are those) who are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
248. The angel showed John that “great ___________, the holy ________________ descending out of heaven from God, having the _______________________, and her light was like a stone most precious, even like a _____________ stone, clear as _______________.” (21:10-11)
249. The city had a great and high _____________, and had twelve ___________, three on each side, and at the gates twelve _______________. (21:12-13 paraphrased)
250. On the twelve gates, names are written, which are the names of the twelve ______________ of the children of Israel: (21:12 paraphrased)
251. And the wall of the city had twelve _____________________, and in them the names of the twelve __________________ of the Lamb. (21:14)
252. The angel had a _______________________ to measure the city, and the gates, wall. (21:15 paraphrased)
253. And the city lies __________________… The ____________ and the ___________ and the __________ of it are equal, __________________________ miles. (21:16 paraphrased)
254. The wall of the city was of _______________. The city was pure _____________, like clear __________. (21:18 paraphrased)
255. And the ______________ of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious _________________. (21:19)
256. And the twelve gates were twelve ______________; (21:21)
257. The _____________ of the city was pure ___________, as it were transparent __________. (21:21)
258. And I saw no ___________ therein: for the ____________________ and the ____________ are the ____________ of it. (21:22)
259. And the city had no need of the ___________, neither of the __________, to shine in it: for the __________________ did lighten it, and the ______________ is the light thereof. (21:23)
260. And the ______________ of it shall not be shut at all by ___________: for there shall be no _________________ there. (21:25)
261. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that _______________, neither whatsoever works ___________________, or makes a _____________: but they which are written in the ______________________________. (21:27)
248. City, Jerusalem, glory of God, jasper, crystal
249. Wall, gates, angels
251. Foundations, apostles
252. Golden reed
253. Foursquare, length, breadth (width), height, 1500 miles 254. Jasper, gold, glass
255. Foundations, stones
257. Street, gold, glass
258. Temple, Lord God Almighty, Lamb, temple
259. Sun, moon, glory of God, Lamb
260. Gates, day, night
261. Defiles, abomination, lie, Lamb’s book of life