The Letter to the Angel of the Church of Ephesus:
1] To the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
Description of Jesus
- He who holds the seven stars in his right hand
- He who walks in the middle of the seven golden candlesticks
Says these things:
• (2) I know your works and your labor and your patience.
• I know how you can’t bear those who are evil.
• You have tried them who say they are apostles and are not, and you have found them (to be false).
• (3) You have persevered.
• You have patience.
• For my name’s sake you have labored and have not fainted.
• (6) You hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
4] Nevertheless I have somewhat against you,
• You have left your first love.
- (5) Remember therefore from where you have fallen
- Do the first works
If you don’t repent, I will come to you quickly and will remove your candlestick out of his place.
7] He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches;
To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the middle of the paradise of God.
14. Where does Jesus walk in Revelation 2:1?
15. In what aspects has Ephesus done well? (2:2-3,6)
16. What is their weakness? (2:4)
17. If Ephesus does not repent, what will be the consequences? (2:5)
14. In the midst of the seven candlesticks (churches)
15. Your works and you labor, your patience, how you can not bear them which are evil: you have
tried them which say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars. You have borne
and have patience and for my name’s sake have labored and have not fainted. You hate the deeds
of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
16. They have left their first love
17. I will come upon you quickly and remove your candlestick (church) out of its place