4] John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be to you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5] And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth.
To him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (6) and has made us kings and priests to God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7] Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, says the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
1. How is Jesus described in Revelation 1:5?
2. Revelation 1:5-6 tells us that Jesus ______________ us and _____________ us from our sins in his own blood and has made us _____________ and ______________ to God and his Father.
3. John is our brother and our companion in _____________ and in the ______________ and _________________ of Jesus Christ. (1:9)
4. Where was John when he received the revelation? (Revelation 1:9)
1. The faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth.
2. Loved, washed, kings, priests
3. Tribulation, kingdom, patience
4. The isle that is called Patmos (the Isle of Patmos)