14] To the angel of the church of the Laodiceans
Descriptions of Jesus:
• the Amen
• the faithful and true witness
• the beginning of the creation of God;
Says these things:
15] I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot: I would that you were cold or hot.
• 16] Because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.
• 17] Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and you do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked.
- (8) I counsel you to buy from me gold tried in the fire, that you may be rich;
- o Buy a white garment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame of your nakedness does not appear;
- Anoint your eyes with eye-salve, that you may see.
• 19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous and repent.
• 20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock. If any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with me.
21] To him who overcomes:
I will grant to him to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22] He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
36. Christ told the church of the Laodiceans that they are neither ______________ nor _____________. They are ___________________ and he will spew them out of his _____________________. (3:15-16)
37. The church of the Laodiceans says they are _______, and ______________, and have _____________. (3:17) But Christ says you “don’t know that you are _______________, and ________________, and ________________, and ______________, and _____________________.” (3:17)
38. What does Christ do to those he loves?
Therefore we should be ________________ and _________________.(3:19)
39. In Revelation 3:20, Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the ____________, and ____________: if any man __________ my voice, and __________ the door, I will come in to him and will ______________ with him, and he with me.
36. Cold, hot, lukewarm, mouth
37. Rich, increased with goods, need of nothing, wretched, miserable, poor, blind, naked
38. Rebuke and chasten, be zealous, repent
39. Door, knock, hear, open, dine