The Letter to the Angel of the Church in Philadelphia
7] Write to the angel of the church in Philadelphia.
Description of Jesus:
• He that is holy,
• He that is true,
• He that has the key of David,
• He that opens and no man shuts; and shuts and no man opens.
Says these things:
8] I know your works: I have set before you an open door, and no man can shut it: because you have a little strength, and have kept my word, and have not denied my name.
9] I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not but lie, come and worship before your feet, and know that I have loved you. (10) Because you have kept the word of my patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation, which shall come on all the world to test them that dwell on the earth.
11] I come quickly: hold fast to that which you have, that no man take your crown.
12] He who overcomes:
• I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go out no more:
• I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write on him my new name.
13] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
33. In Revelation 3:8, Jesus commends the church in Philadelphia, saying, “for you have a little __________________, and have kept ______________, and have not denied ______________.
34. Why will Christ keep the church in Philadelphia from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. (3:10)
35. In Revelation 3:11, the church in Philadelphia is instructed to hold fast to that which they have, that no man take their _________.
33. Strength, my word, my name
34. Because they have kept the word of his patience