1] Write to the angel of the church in Sardis:
Description of Jesus:
He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars;
Says these things:
1] I know your works, that you have a name that you live, but you are dead.
• 2] Be watchful
• Strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found your works perfect before God.
• 3] So remember how you have received and heard, and hold fast and repent.
If you will not watch, I will come on you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
4] You have a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
• 5] He that overcomes will be clothed in a white garment;
• I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
• I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6] He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
29. Jesus said to the church in Sardis, “I know your works, that you have a name that you _______, and are _________. (3:1)
English Standard Version (ESV) translates Revelation 3:1b as: “I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead.
30. In Revelation 3:3, Jesus tells the church in Sardis to remember what they have received and ___________ and to hold fast and _____________.
31. What will Jesus do if the church in Sardis fails to watch? (3:3)
32. What will happen to the few in Sardis who have not defiled their garments? (3:4)
29. Alive, dead
30. Heard, repent
31. He will come on them as a thief
32. I (Jesus) will not blot his name out of the book of life, but will confess his name before my Father
and before his angels.