The Letter To the Angel of the Church in Pergamos
12] To the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
Description of Jesus:
He who has the sharp sword with two edges
Says these things:
• 13] I know your works, and that you dwell where Satan’s seat is.
• You hold fast my name and have not denied my faith, even in those days in which Antipas, my faithful martyr, was slain among you, where Satan dwells.
14] But I have a few things against you, because:
• you have there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumblingblock in front of the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit immoralities.
• 15] You also have them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
16] Repent; or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
17] He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches;
To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone, and in which a new name written. No man knows this new name except him who receives the name.
20. Which church dwells where Satan’s seat is? (2:13)
21. For what does Jesus commend the church in Pergamos? ((2:13)
22. Who was the faithful martyr, who was killed in Pergamos? (2:13)
23. Pergamos had those among them who followed the doctrine of ______________ and others who held the doctrine of the _________________. (2:14-15)
24. If Pergamos does not repent, what will be the consequences? (2:16)
20. The church of Pergamos
21. They hold fast his name and have not denied the faith, even when some among them are being
killed for the faith.
23. Balaam, Nicolaitans
24. I will come quickly and fight against them with the sword of my mouth.